Anua Moriri Day Care Centre
Anua Moriri Day Care Centre (AMDCC) is an integrated HIV/ART clinic which operates under the care and functions of ANGAU Memorial General Hospital. The clinic was funded and refurbished by the AUSAID National HIV/AIDS Support Project in 2005 and officially opened on the October 4, 2005.
This refers to HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) services, Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services, logistics, site assessment and accreditation for HCT and ART, supervision and mentoring of staff in the clinics.
At the end of December 2014, the Anua Moriri Day Care Centre has synchronized its services to a total of 64 HCT sites, 7 ART sites and 10 Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission sites in Morobe Province. These sites offer HCT and ART services and reports monthly to the care centre. These reports are then compiled and forwarded to the National Department of Health HIV/STI Surveillance unit for compilation and analysis of all the HIV/AIDS data.
The care centre is also a practicum site for staff trained in HIV/AIDS short courses to do their practical in order to be competent when they return to their working areas.
Services currently provided at AMDCC are:
- providing initiated counselling and testing
- partner testing for those whose partners are HIV positive
- commencement and distribution of ART to People Living with HIV (PLHIV)
- attend to PLHIVs with opportunistic infections or other clinical problems
- providing STI services to PLHIVs and their partners
- TB screening done to all PLHIVs,
- distribution of information, education and communication materials and condoms
- coordinating and facilitating HIV training in Morobe Province and Momase Region, and
- acting as the HIV Clinical database centre for Morobe Province.