Family Support Centre
Family Support Centre is there for a specific purpose – to help victims and survivors of family and sexual abuse, both medically and through counselling.
The Family Support Centre (FSC) is situated at ANGAU Memorial General Hospital and provides medical, psycho-social care to survivors of family and sexual violence.
Medical care includes
- thorough history taking and assessment of the violent incident
- evaluation and treatment of traumatic injuries
- prescription and management of post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV
- diagnosis and treatment or prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- and the provision of psychosocial care.
Patients at the Centre are offered free comprehensive medical and psycho-social care.
Victims and survivors of family and sexual violence are looked after by the understanding and compassionate staff, have their injuries treated medically and are able to access counselling facilities, which is very important for the patient.